Re: [exim] PIPELINING in exim 4.43

Author: Matthias Wimmer
To: Bill Hacker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] PIPELINING in exim 4.43
Hi Bill!

Bill Hacker schrieb am 2005-04-07 01:50:19:
> If the original poster's courier-mta is configured to ever-and-only
> use pipelining and does not shift gears when Exim does NOT OFFER
> pipelining, there *will* be a disjoint.

Looking at the source of courier, it seems that courier is respecting if
the recipient's mailserver is not accepting PIPELINING ... but in the
cases I dumped with tcpdump PIPELINING got advertized by the receiving
mailserver so courier was allowed to send the message pipelined.

A tcpdump containing three SMTP sessions is published at
http://web.amessage.info/freenet.dump - you can see there that it was
okay to use it and that the receiving server did not answer the combined
RCPT TO+DATA command but timed out after 30 seconds and closed the
connection.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--