Re: [exim] PIPELINING in exim 4.43

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] PIPELINING in exim 4.43
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
>

>>- Exim->Courier        250 OK
>>- Courier->Exim        RCPT To:<...>\r\nDATA\r\n
>>- [nothing for some time]
>>- Exim closing the TCP/IP connection

>>My question is: Is this a know problem in this version of Exim? Has it
>>been fixed in newer versions of Exim?
>

> This is the first I have heard of any problem with PIPELINING. If I
> don't run out of time tomorrow, I will set up a test for this particular
> case (if there isn't one already in the existing tests) and see if I can
> find anything. If it doesn't get done tomorrow (or perhaps Friday
> morning), it will have to wait till I get back from the AfNOG workshop.

AFAIK this is not a *problem* - it is an artifact of a spam-reduction
setting (my settings below):

# MAIN: NOT advertise "PIPELINING" fail ratware that ignores that.
#
pipelining_advertise_hosts = :

If the original poster's courier-mta is configured to ever-and-only
use pipelining and does not shift gears when Exim does NOT OFFER
pipelining, there *will* be a disjoint.

Just as planned.

Surely Sam has provided for configuring courier-mta to respect
what is, or is not, advertised - he is very RFC aware.

Best,

Bill Hacker