RE: [exim] mail just ends up in the queue

Author: martin.dm.hull
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] deliver mail bot smtp/pop
Subject: RE: [exim] mail just ends up in the queue
OK, a wee bit more.
Problem was my queue runner process failed with a fatal libdb-4.2.so
error. I'm not sure its an exim build problem or an environment problem.
I did have trouble building the beast, especially finding a database to
use with it. I'm using Berkeley DB4.2. The relevant bits in the Makefile
are

USE_DB=yes
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include
DBMLIB=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb-4.so
LOOKUP_DBM=yes
LOOKUP_LSEARCH=yes

It build and installs fine.

can you help?