Re: [exim] exim and iptables

Author: Bob Branch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and iptables
Michael Johnson wrote:
> problems you're experiencing. Maybe someone with experience using
> similar hardware can chime in and tell me I'm wrong. =-)

My server for my personal domain's a P3/550 (100MHz slower than his)
with 128MB of RAM and 40MB/sec scsi kit and it handles a load easily
twice his without anything I'd call a real performance hit. Sure, if I
do an sa-learn on a bunch (more than a couple hundred) messages in a
batch it'll bog a LITTLE, but we're talking maybe a couple milliseconds
pause on any other tty, and that's just because spamassassin's a
resource hog. Clamav/amavis don't seem to add an appreciable load, either.

I'd also look towards something else being the problem, but he also
hasn't said in any real detail what the whole problem is...

Bob..