Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:10:28PM -0600, John Palmer wrote:
> > That doesn't remove the nuisance for the people who do receive useless
> > notifications. If your filtering is so good that there are only a few
> > candidates for notification, why don't you take the time to check them
> > yourself rather than wasting other peoples' time? All you are doing is
> > pushing your spam burden into somebody else's mailbox. It's bloody
> > antisocial.
> >

> Too bad. I don't want to receive spam and the only people that I am
> interested in coresponding with are in my whitelist. I don't have time
> to look through 500+ spams per day (Yes, TMDA does keep count).

And, as you make quite clear, you don't care how it inconveniences
others. This is going to win you a lot of friends on a mail
administrators list.

> People have the right to keep crap out of their e-mail box and have
> freedom to associate (or not) with whom them please.

I could say that I have a right to keep cat-shit off my doormat. This
is not the same thing as having the right to fling it randomly at the
doors of my neighbours.

> Its the best SPAM solution I have ever found.

At the expense of becoming a small-scale spammer yourself.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant. -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"