Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: John Palmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 02:33:32PM -0600, John Palmer wrote:
> > > Do the words "collateral spam" mean nothing to you?
> > >
> > > - Marc
> > >

> > There is no "collateral spam" in most cases since the e-mail addresses
> > on the original spam are bogus and never make it out of our system.
>
> That doesn't remove the nuisance for the people who do receive useless
> notifications. If your filtering is so good that there are only a few
> candidates for notification, why don't you take the time to check them
> yourself rather than wasting other peoples' time? All you are doing is
> pushing your spam burden into somebody else's mailbox. It's bloody
> antisocial.

Too bad. I don't want to receive spam and the only people that I am
interested in coresponding with are in my whitelist. I don't have time
to look through 500+ spams per day (Yes, TMDA does keep count).

People have the right to keep crap out of their e-mail box and have
freedom to associate (or not) with whom them please.

95%+ e-mails that TMDA catches are spam - no, I am confident
in saying over 99% most of the time.

Its the best SPAM solution I have ever found.