Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Walt Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:32:21PM -0600, John Palmer said:

> > > Challenge/response systems are a recipe for losing desirable email.
> >
> Challenge-response systems (such as TMDA) are the reason that
> our spam load has been cut down by 95%. I highly recommend systems
> like this.

Readng the FAQ about fairuce, it seems that the system ONLY challenges
when the algorithms detect a probable spoof / forge situation. Legit
mail should rarely cause a challenge. In addition, SPF records can stop
collateral spam from annoying you.

There are other problems I have with this system that would keep me from
deploying it (it doesn't work with Exim for example,) but most could be
probably be worked out. All in all it sounds like a MUCH better
alternative to existing C/R systems (like TDMA, which I feel is highly
annoying.)