Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffix…

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffixes
> Prefix can't be done as a pointer - it would point to the start of the
> string. We might well do better to save an unsigned short offset to the
> start of the suffix, and the length of the prefix. If its worth doing
> at all.

We do need something that can be referenced as string variable, so
offset/length is not enough.

The more I get into this, the more I think an abstraction from the
prefixes is a good idea. A system may even allow different ways of
subaddressing, so filters should be able just to refer to a subaddress,
no matter how it is encoded in mail addresses.

Michael