Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffix…

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Saving the variable part of local part suffixes
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 09:18:12PM +0000, Adam M. Costello wrote:
> Michael Haardt <michael@???> wrote:
>
> > Ok, so now we have people using subaddresses as prefix and as suffix.
> > Anybody who does both? :)
>
> I do.
> [explaination removed]

Thanks for your reply! It pretty much destroys the concept of
automatically extracting the subaddress.

I suggest a different aproach now: A new router option, like
sieve_vacation_directory, named local_part_subaddress, that is available
as variable in Exim filters and as subaddress extension in Sieve. Since
it is a router option, no change to the address_item is needed. (Philip
will be glad to read that.:-)

That way, admins can use whatever string expression they like to compose
the subaddress. It is set at the same place prefixes are set and just
as flexible as my previous suggestion.

Michael