Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime

Author: Frank Elsner
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:02:36 +0100 Frank Elsner wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:49:20 +0100 Tom Kistner wr

[ ... ]

> > The way it is implemented right now the MIME ACL is a sister of the DATA
> > ACL, sharing its result code. Other that that, there is no technical
> > reason for not allowing it for non-SMTP input.
> >
> > > Is there any chance to have the mime checks available in acl_not_smtp ?
> >
> > Hm. Check out receive.c, look for ACL_WHERE_MIME. Theres a condition at
> > the top of the block that goes like !smtp_input. Remove that, recompile
> > and do your testing. :)
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I'll try and report.

I've applied the following patch to receive.c:

2738c2738
< if (smtp_input && !smtp_batched_input)
---
> if (!smtp_batched_input)

Now the acl_smtp_mime ACL get's called for local mail also.

For testing my config contains

acl_smtp_mime = check_mime
check_mime:
  warn    log_message = MIME: CS=$mime_charset, FN=$mime_filename

The warning shows up in logfile for locally generated mail.

This solves my problem but I did't examine side effects of the patch.

--Frank Elsner