Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users, Tom Kistner
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Frank Elsner wrote:

> I've applied the following patch to receive.c:
>
> 2738c2738
> < if (smtp_input && !smtp_batched_input)
> ---
> > if (!smtp_batched_input)
>
> Now the acl_smtp_mime ACL get's called for local mail also.

> This solves my problem but I did't examine side effects of the patch.

I now have. It isn't right because it then runs the acl_smtp_data ACL
instead of the acl_not_smtp ACL.

I have now done the "right thing" in the development code. I have added
a new option acl_not_smtp_mime, and made that be used for non-SMTP
input. I have made it a separate option (a) because the name was wrong
otherwise (b) for backwards compatibility and (c) because people may
want to run different ACLs anyway for the SMTP and non-SMTP cases.

The new code is available in a snapshot I've just created, and I am
about to commit it to the CVS (but I wanted Tom to see this message
before the commit message).

Tom: I've refactored your code just a bit. I created a subroutine in
receive.c so I could call the MIME decoding from both the smtp and
non-smtp cases, and I added an acl argument to mime_acl_check so that it
could use either of the two MIME ACLs. I don't *think* I broke anything. :-)

Philip