Re: [exim] exim and multiple port

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and multiple port
--On March 15, 2005 17:46:34 +0000 Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:

> De Leeuw Guy wrote:
>> Because the provider of our remote client block the smtp port i need to
>> add a second listening port in my exim configuration.
>> It is possible ? with 2 process or in one process ?

The single process method below will work, but I've found it more
convenient to use a separate process for the alternate ports.

The reason is that you'll (presumably) be requiring people to authenticate
on the alternate ports. That means that you know the email is from a local
domain, and you know who it is.

I find that my configuration for the alternate ports is much simpler than
for port 25. As a result, I like to keep the config files separate.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team