[exim] log_message

Author: Michael F. Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] log_message
Hi folks,

I'm having a strange issue with log_message in the ACLs and I have been unable
to determine if this is the way things are supposed to behave. This is with
exim 4.43.

I have an exim box acting as a relay and smarthost in the DMZ. It forwards
messages for local delivery to another exim server on the LAN. The relay will
add an X-Scan-Signature header which the final delivey server looks for. If
found and it's a match, I skip a bunch of the anti-spam scans.

The ACL looks like this:

accept
  condition   = ${if eq {${hmac{md5}{SECRET}{$body_linecount}}}\
                        {$h_X-Scan-Signature:}{true}{false}}
  log_message = SCANNED () RCPT=$acl_m9 SUB=${quote:$h_subject:} \
                MSGID=$h_message-id:

SECRET is a macro and $acl_m9 get set in the RCPT ACL.

I would like to track how many messages pass this check, thus the addition of
the log_message line.

The problem is that the line never gets logged. It doesn't matter if the
log_message line is before or after the condition statement. I know that in
some cases the condition matches b/ of various tests. Please note that I have
a similar issue later on in the DATA ACL when I do virus scanning.

So, am I missing something? Is this just how v4.43 behaves? I'm sure I'm just
being stupid, but I cannot find out where I'm being stupid. :-(

Thanks in advance,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague | mfs@???
System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc