Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication
On 3/13/2005 22:47, "Christopher Chaduka" <cchaduka@???> wrote:

> That way you will advertise AUTH to every connection. The reason for putting
> an IP or IPs there is for cases where you don't need some clients with fixed
> addresses to auth, e.g. your LAN, of which then you would use something like
> this:
>
> auth_advertise_hosts = !192.168.0.0/24

Or you have people using Netscape 4, which if AUTH is advertised prompts
them for a password ("I never had a password") each time they first send a
message after starting Netscape. It's reasonably safe for us not to require
AUTH on our outsourced modems, since the provider enforces a requirement
that the RADIUS authentication provide a port 25 filter (the other provider
we use sets up the port 25 filtering themselves per our specs...same
effect).

Netscape 4 unfortunately refuses to die.

--John