Re: [exim] Re: Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Marc Perkel, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?
At 4:35 pm -0800 2005/03/13, Marc Perkel wrote:
>And - my original question was - how do you do this - not should I
>do this. I'm looking for a technical answer.

my dear, I intervened to a tecnical point - the generation of
collateral spam - that you only introduced later. Don't be too picky
with what you get as nothing of it is due.

>Chris Edwards wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>>
>>| if you are going to drop the connection then the peer, which as you
>>| said elsewere is just forwarding mail, will eventually generate a
>>| bounce and thus collateral spam.
>>
>>Yes, however, it won't be Marc generating the collateral spam. The
>>forwarding site will do that.
>>
>>The only decent solution is for the forwarding site to not forward the
>>spam (or virus) in the first place.

this unfortunately does not make sense. Unless the perfect antispam
filter has been invented, and if that is true and it was applied to
all servers, as it is necessary, then I would say intuitively that it
does not need to check any Received headers. Thus Received headers
either must not be used for rejecting or are not needed at all...

Giuliano