Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.4 authentication
On 3/13/2005 15:56, "Ian Firla" <ian.firla@???> wrote:

> I've been fighting with an Exim 4.4 configuration today. It's running
> on Debian Sarge.
>
> I imported and converted my old Exim 3 configuration file and after a
> bit of tweaking, I got exim starting without any warnings; however,
> smtp authentication is still not working. Not having any errors to go
> by, I don't really know where to begin.
>
> Telneting to the server a feeding it an ehlo gives me:
>
> 250-l41 Hello 213-156-52-112.fastres.net [213.156.52.112]
> 250-SIZE 52428800
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250 HELP

Is 213.156.52.112 mentioned in the main configuration section
auth_advertise_hosts
setting (default is empty...no advertising). The setting is expanded, which
you may need (we do).

You say "Debian"...I have no idea where you find auth_advertise_hosts either
in the output from debconfig (spelling?) or in the series of questions it
asks.

There is a mailing list at Debian for Debian/Exim issues...you might get an
answer quicker there (I don't have the list address at hand).

--John