Re: [exim] Question about conditions in routers - Exim 3.35

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Question about conditions in routers - Exim 3.35
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:48:00 +0100 (MET), Matthias Pitzl
<M.PITZL@???> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to implement some filtering of messages into certain routers
> according to a certain header field is set or not.
> As far i have tried following:
> condition = {if def:header_X-crypt: {0}{1}}
> The header field is set by some script i'm piping the mails through. As long
> as this condition doesn't match, the mails are sent in an endless loop as
> every mail gets sent to the script again, which sets the header and returns
> the mail to exim.
> Perhaps anyone of you could tell me what's wrong here :)

The first thing that's wrong is that you're using a version of Exim
which is 3 years old and is unsupported. But leaving that aside for a
moment...

You have the syntax messed up. The general syntax for the 'if' condtion is

${if <condition> {<string1>} {<string2>}}

so in your case

condition = ${if def:h_X-crypt: {0}{1}}

should do it.

Peter