Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Jerry
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
There really are no stupid questions. and your question is totally not
stupid. But - the flow of the message isn't what you think it is.

What happens in this configuration is that the message is diverter
through spamassassin and piped back into the front end of Exim - as a
new message - where is starts over again. The second time through it
bypasses the SA router because it has been tagged as already been
checked. But it doesn't got through SA and on to the next router as your
message suggested. SA doesn't do the delivery - it can't and doesn't
know how.

The message comes in - hits the SA router - goes through SA - and then
piped back into the front and of Exim - starts over - hits the SA router
a second time - bypasses it and moves on.

I don't know what your problem is from the code you posted but thought
if you understand the flow better it might help you figure it out.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com