[exim] quota problem with 4.43

Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] quota problem with 4.43
All,

Recently we installed a new mailserver which had the exact same configs
as others, except it was running exim 4.43, while the others use 4.41.

We started getting a lot of bounces from the quota, with the message
"MTA-imposed filecount quota exceeded while writing to ...".

A little confused about this because we have been running with the
current system for almost six months with no problems.

The quota_filecount is set to 9999999 because we don't care how many
files a user has (its an extent based filesystem), so we just set
quota. Because the quota limit is stored in LDAP in qmail-ldap format,
like "mailQuota:20971520S, 999999999C", I have a bit of exim code that
extracts the quota and divides it by 1024 and slaps a K on the end.

Here is the transport:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
maildir_format
directory = ${extract{mailMessageStore}{$address_data}}/Maildir
create_directory
directory_mode = 0700
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add return_path_add
group = vmail
user = vmail
mode = 0600
quota =
${eval:${sg{${extract{1}{,}{${extract{mailQuota}{$address_data}}}}}{S}
{}}/1024}K
quota_filecount = 9999999
maildir_use_size_file = true
# quota_warn_threshold = 85%
headers_remove =
X-Trend-Micro-Scanned:X-Clamd-Scanned:X-Spamassassin-Scanned

Does anyone see any problems with this? Any reason why this would work
fine in 4.41 and not 4.43?

Thanks,

Nathan.

--
"It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is
the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can