Re: [exim] quota problem with 4.43

Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] quota problem with 4.43
On Mar 7, 2005, at 6:53 PM, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:
>
>> We started getting a lot of bounces from the quota, with the message
>> "MTA-imposed filecount quota exceeded while writing to ...".
>
> Can you reproduce this with debugging output?

Unfortunately no. If I copy the LDAP entry over and try to reproduce
the problem, I can't. I don't wish to reproduce this in our production
environment with the volume of mail we do.

>> Does anyone see any problems with this? Any reason why this would
>> work fine in
>> 4.41 and not 4.43?
>
> From the 4.50 ChangeLog:
>
>  2. Change 4.43/35 introduced a bug: if quota_filecount was set, the
>     computation of the current number of files was incorrect.

> I think that explains it.

Yup, me too. I'm changing the quota_filecount to 0, because it doesn't
need to be set at 9999999 to achieve the desired effect.

Thanks for the help Philip :)

Nathan.

--
"It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is
the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can