Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Michelle Konzack wrote:

>Hello Marc,
>
>Am 2005-02-20 22:29:42, schrieb Marc Perkel:
>

>>Well - I'm in the process of blocking open relay tests so that they
>>can't detect that I'm open.
>>

>How do you want to do that ?
>
>I have received Testmails which are not visible Testmails.
>Du to several 1000 SPAMs per day I bounce it on smtp level
>or IF they come in and I detect SPAM I send it to /dev/null...
>
>...but gotten many Mails through.
>
>Greetings
>Michelle

I'm still in the process of figuring it out. A few years ago I
misconfigured a server for a few hours and it took me weeks to get off
of various lists. Sp - I consider open relay tests to be in the same
class as spam and working to jusy absorb these messages so that if I
have a temporato misconfiguration I don't end up blacklisted for life.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com