Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Well - I'm in the process of blocking open relay tests so that they
> can't detect that I'm open.

If your server was any more 'open' you could run a Dennis-bodied Leyland
Titan up its NIC.

Suggest you have a read here:

http://www.unitedlayer.com/aup.html

In case you do not recognize it, that's the Acceptable Use Policy of
your own upstream, who also host most of the Apache project.

I suspect United Layer would be neither amused nor slow to react
if/as/when a leasing customer decides to deliberately have and already
dodgy mail-and-everything-else-under-the-sun 'server' further emulate
the hoor of Babylon and play open relay with all comers.

That's 'real', and you can check it for yourself.

Bill