Re: [exim] selectively routing outgoing traffic based on dom…

Author: Brett Parker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] selectively routing outgoing traffic based on domain
John <lists@???> wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I'm looking for a method of sending outgoing mail, which, if destined for a
> particular domain (let's say aol.com), gets routed through
> some.smarthost.ip.address whereas the rest of it gets delivered via DNS as
> normal. There are many ways in the documentation showing routing inbound
> examples, but nothing I've seen so far showing an example outbound quite like
> this. Can anyone help?

You appear to be assuming that incoming and outgoing are somehow
different to the exim process... to exim they all look the same, hows it
to know that stuff coming from blah.ip is incoming not outgoing? There's
no real way to differentiate, except for that fact that for certain mail
you will be delivering locally, that's real incoming mail, everything
else is outgoing, innit. (Maybe I'm missing something though, it's
always possible ;)

Cheers,

--
Brett Parker