Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Author: David
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
Hi !!

>>Marc Sherman's suggestion of providing an unadorned Exim configuration
>>package would be greatly preferable, not just for us but for competent
>>users too.

we recently install Debian on a new server and tried to configure Exim.
At the end we totally remove the Exim package and compiled it from
source (not debian sources). We had been using exim on solaris, redhat,
suse, etc .. without any problem, but the configuration system for
Exim in debian is a total nightmare. A really good thing would be to
have a exim package with only one configuration file and using more
portable user names (exim instead of debian-exim) as this also breaks
or complicates replicating the mail folders across non heterogeneus
computers.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53