Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On 17 Feb 2005 at 12:28, Marc Haber wrote about
    "Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for E":

| On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:25:00 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
| <ph10@???> wrote:
| >On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Fred Viles wrote:
| >> bogus:
| >>   driver    = plaintext
| >>   public_name = "\r\n250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN"
| >>   server_prompts = User Name : Password
| >>   server_condition = no
| >
| >Clever!

Thanks, Philip!

| Very clever. Can somebody please verify if it actually works with
| OjE4? If so, I'll happily provide this authenticator as commented out
| example in the Debian default config.

It has to be *last*, be sure to make that clear. I implememnted it
temporarily on my server to be sure it would have the intended effect
and not cause breakage in the EHLO response. I can't see how it
could *not* work, but I don't have OE4 to prove it.

Piotr?

- Fred