Re: [exim] Authorizing smtp relay (only) for system users (w…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Authorizing smtp relay (only) for system users (with tls)
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:46:14 +0100, Marco <brbromo@???> wrote:
>I upgraded to the package exim4 (4.34-10).
>What config files/sections need changes?

You need a complete reconfiguration. You are obviously using Debian.
If your exim 3 installation doesn't derive too far from Debian's
standard, you will be best off with reconfiguring exim4 from scratch,
using the Debconf interface which will try to seed the question it
asks from the existing exim 3 configuration.

If /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz doesn't solve your
problems, please ask the Debian exim4 maintainers in E-Mail.

exim4 comes with a script which will convert an exim3 configuration
into an exim4 one, but if you use this, you lose all Debian magic,
including configuration updates. The Debian exim4 maintainers
recommend against doing so until you very exactly know what you're
doing.

Greetings
Marc