Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Brett Parker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
Piotr Roszatycki <Piotr_Roszatycki@???> wrote:

<snip class="stuff" />

> I can't just tell that somebody should change the MUA as far as it works with
> any other ISP. In his eyes, my server is broken, not his Outlook Express.

Unfortunately, this happens quite a lot since MS decided to get in to
the Internet game, they were late comers and didn't seem to think that
using what was already being used, and following the standards that were
already available, were a good idea (you can still see this in Internet
Explorer, for example, when you want to use real CSS support). If they'd
just stop trying to get in on the market share, and die a big messy
death, all would be well in the world, and we could all live more
fulfilling lives without having to hack server software to cope with
very broken clients.

I hope to live to see the day when all client software actually respects
the specifications that are available and we don't have to use such
hacks.

Thanks,
--
Brett Parker