Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
Hello Tony,

Tony Finch, 17.02.2005 (d.m.y):

> Marc Sherman's suggestion of providing an unadorned Exim configuration
> package would be greatly preferable, not just for us but for competent
> users too.

Well, that might be a solution fitting everyone's needs.

> My friend Ian Jackson recently tried installing Debian's exim4
> on his computer at work and rapidly replaced it with Smail because he
> didn't want to battle with the configuration system. Debian's exim4 uses
> *39* files (!),

Yes... ;-)

> Debian's Smail uses 6, and a normal Exim installation
> would have 2 or 3 (the non-split configuration file being one of Exim's
> early improvements over Smail).

As I didn't manage to get exim running on Debian with these lots of
files, I created a new exim.conf (starting with the default from the
exim sources) and changed it to fit my needs.
Meanwhile, I splitted the configuration again, but in another way as
the Debian default...

Gruss,
Christian Schmidt
--
Wir alle wissen, daß Linux großartig ist.  Es benötigt für unendliche
Schleifen lediglich 5 Sekunden.