RE: [exim] Greylisting

Author: Mark Lowes
Subject: RE: [exim] Greylisting
On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 11:30 -0800, WJCarpenter wrote:
> >> Here greylisting is optional. Each recipient can choose whether
>
> Likewise here, though nobody has yet asked to be taken back out of
> it. (I think they are too busy weeping with joy.) Since my greylist
> whitelisting feature is just a big Exim "or" condition, it's easy for
> me to add in specific localparts (or even specific localparts and
> combinations of whatever else I know at recipient address verification
> time).

During the time I was running it on the work machines it was generally
well received with a couple of complaints. Mainly from recipients who's
incoming email had got stuck with massive delays due to crummy MTAs at
the other end backing off for a day or more after the first error.
Unfortunately that implementation is now toast due to some
reorganisation though I'm currently planning on a replacement once I've
finished this damm migration.

Until the spammers morph to get round the problem it's a great solution
to the problem, but it's not going to last at it's current level of
effectiveness.

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@???>