RE: [exim] Greylisting

Author: Carl Inglis
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Greylisting
> Here greylisting is optional. Each recipient can choose whether
> to have it turned on or off. The deal is if it's on, don't complain
> about delays, if it's off don't complian about spam.

When I introduced greylisting here it cut the spam down by 97%.
Unfortunately I have a number of users who started complaining about the
delay and that killed the project.

After reading your post I'm thinking about the possibility of that sort
of opt-in system. Thanks for that.

> One thing I
> found is that there is no shortage silly configurations on the net.

Found a classic yesterday at home (where I do have greylisting) - Amazon
tried 53 connects in <30 minutes. How broken is that?!?!

Carl
--
Carl C. Inglis
IT Systems Administrator

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Total Recruitment Group.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl SuperScout Email Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.