RE: [exim] Greylisting

Author: WJCarpenter
Subject: RE: [exim] Greylisting
>> Here greylisting is optional. Each recipient can choose whether

Likewise here, though nobody has yet asked to be taken back out of
it. (I think they are too busy weeping with joy.) Since my greylist
whitelisting feature is just a big Exim "or" condition, it's easy for
me to add in specific localparts (or even specific localparts and
combinations of whatever else I know at recipient address verification
time).

I greylist for 5 minutes, and the results seem pretty good. Even the
spammers who do spinning retries immediately seem to give up after 2
or 3. It seems to be common for legit servers to do a retry at 10-15
minutes, which is not too bad. Still tuning....

PS:- Most of the sample Exim greylisting starting points are
understandably for Exim4.  For reasons that are not important here, I
did mine for Exim3 (using embedded perl and a backing MySQL database).
If any Exim3 users are interested in details, drop me a line.
--
bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119