Re: [exim] problem with .forward

Author: dziury
To: peter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] problem with .forward

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: Peter Bowyer <peeebeee@???>
Data: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:57:34 +0000
Temat: Re: [exim] problem with .forward

wrote:
> > Hello exim folks.
> > i have problem with executing .forward files.
> > my userforward and localuser parts :
> > -----------------------
> > userforward:
> > driver = redirect
> > allow_filter
> > check_ancestor
> > check_local_user
> > no_expn
> > file = $home/.forward
> > file_transport = address_file
> > pipe_transport = address_pipe
> > reply_transport = address_reply
> > no_verify
> >
> > localuser:
> > driver = accept
> > check_local_user
> > transport = local_delivery
> >
> > local_delivery:
> > driver = appendfile
> > delivery_date_add
> > envelope_to_add
> > file = /var/mail/$local_part
> > group = mail
> > mode = 0660
> > return_path_add
> > user = ${local_part}
> > -------------------------
> > and when i will create a .forward file in some home directory
> > [root@server test2]# cat .forward
> > "|/bin/touch lll"
> > while sending mail it is executed(file created) , but mail isnt
> > delivered. logs shows me that mail has been delivered by

"completed"
> > command.
> > I dont know where to look for errors. please send any

suggestions.

> What did you expect to happen to a mail which you piped to the

'touch'
> command? 'man touch' on my server doesn't say anything about it
> reacting usefully to anything on stdin.
>
> If the file was created, then I think it has done exactly what you

told it to.

> Peter
>
> --

Peter , it isnt my point.
i have given it by an example.
im using .forward to run a sms delivery .
when i .delete that .forward file mail is delivered.
when i create that .forward sms is sent , but mail doesnt delivered.
got it?
my real settings :
"|/home/test2/script"      (.forward)
/bin/email2SMS -n 50 -FS  -l /bin/.list | /usr/local/bin/sms --cfg /
home/test2/.smsrc 888728603 (script)

as i wrote , i just have problem with MAIL DELIVERY when .forward is
is use .

Greg