Re: [exim] Re: Bug in exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Russell Stuart
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Bug in exim
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Russell Stuart wrote:

> Looking at the code again after some sleep, I think I isolated
> the real trigger for the bug. In summary:

Thanks for finding this all out. I have been away for over two weeks,
and am just catching up on all the email and stuff.

> The pre-conditions for the bug are:
>   a.  There is a router with both "unseen" and "one_time" set
>       which creates an additional recipient(s).

My guess is that it is the combination of "unseen" and "one_time" that
is doing this, because I recall previously doing some checking to ensure
that "unseen" on its work works ok with deferred deliveries.

> I won't be pursing this further as now I understand the original
> cause, I can work around it. Thanks to all those who replied to
> my original post.

I am glad you can work around it, because I think this is too tricky an
area to consider making any changes for the forthcoming 4.50 release.
However, I have noted the problem, and in due course I will take a look
and see what can be done about it, even if it has to be something
unpalatable like forbidding "unseen" with "one_time".