[exim] Sieve vacation

Author: Bob Johannessen
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Sieve vacation
Exim Users,

I've been looking at the Exim Sieve vacation code, trying
to get an idea of how to use it (and indeed if it's at all
usable at the moment). The .../src/sieve.c files from the
latest snapshot contains this:

/* Define this for development of the vacation Sieve extension.     */
/* The code is not yet finished.                                    */
#define VACATION

It tells me the code is for Sieve vacation /development/ and
not yet finished, but then proceeds to define VACATION anyway.

So, I guess my first few questions would be; is the current
Sieve vacation code safe to use? What, if anything, is still
not finished? Are anyone working on this, or should I start
looking into it myself? And if so, has anyone got any hints
on where to start?

Second issue: Testing Sieve scripts with exim -bf ends up
calling sieve_interpret() (the Sieve script entry point)
with uschar *vacation_directory set to NULL (.../src/filtertest.c,
line 274 in the latest snapshot). This results in an error
of "vacation disabled" in parse_start() when "require"-ing
"vacation" (.../src/sieve.c, line 2665).

Is there any reason not to hardcode *vacation_directory to
for example "/tmp/sieve-vacation" when testing a script?

    Bob