Re: AW: [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Steffen Heil
CC: exim-users, 'Pepo'
Subject: Re: AW: [exim] Why all my mails are SPAM
On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 13:24 +0100, Steffen Heil wrote:
> Haven't you read the answers???

Actually this was probably down to him making an initial post which was
held for moderation by the list. He then sent a second copy which was
accepted by the list (ie he subscribed or something), but did not cancel
the first copy (the moderation message tells you how to do this).

When I deal with the stuff in the moderation queue I will kill
duplicates if I notice them, but sometimes I have not read the list
beforehand, am not sure if they are duplicates (ie they look similar to
something else but not identical) or just miss them, so I sometimes let
through messages that are duplicates of ones that have gone through.

If you do get stuff moderated because (for example) you are posting from
a different address, then cancel the original message *before* sending a
new copy. Alternatively just leave it (don't post a second copy) and
one of us will get to letting it through.

    Nigel.