[exim-announce] exim.org mailman installation - password cha…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-announce
Subject: [exim-announce] exim.org mailman installation - password changes in response to security issue
There is a current security issue with Mailman installations - see
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2005-0202
http://www.list.org/security.html

The Mailman installation on exim.org has had the appropriate patches
added to fix this issue. However the advice is that all Mailman
passwords should be regenerated to ensure any compromise of the
passwords is contained. I have looked at the web logs and cannot see
any obvious signs of an attempted compromise.

For this reason all Mailman passwords on exim.org have been reset. You
may request that your password is resent to you using the Mailman web
front end.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

[BTW this was done on friday, but other circumstances prevented me
sending this message out until now]

    Nigel.