RE: [exim] Exim 3.36, mySQL and route_list

Author: Rob Stead
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [exim] Exim 3.36, mySQL and route_list

Thank you for your suggestions Adrian,

I should have said in my email I'm trying to setup a router and 'query =
select route from ...' only appears to work in the director section. My
lack of knowledge sadly doesn't allow me (yet) to understand the
relationship between these two.

Using my SQL Query or MYSQL_SMARTHOST in the route_list gives me the
following error:

    smarthost_tg router: failed to expand "${lookup": missing lookup type

I thought it would be simply a case of replacing a file lookup with a mySQL
lookup but I'm obviously missing something.

Here is the original file lookup:

route_list = "* ${extract{smart_host}{${lookup{$domain}lsearch \
      {/etc/exim/smtp_users}{$value}fail}}} bydns_a"

And this is what I have for mySQL:

smarthost_tg:
condition = ${lookup mysql{MYSQL_RELAY_DOMAINS}{$value}fail}
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_SMARTHOST}{$value}fail} bydns_a"

Further thoughts would be appreciated.

Rob

Rob Stead