Re: [exim] Report of new spam technique

Author: David Daniels
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Report of new spam technique
There may be some good news.

A year ago I had about 1000 class c's blocked in a rbl that belonged to
SWBELL.
They all had dsl... or something like that in their reverse.
Recently SWBELL has begun to block port 25 outbound from their networks.
I have no idea if any other Bell applied the same rule. One could hope :)

Cox Internet has been blocking outbound port 25 from their network for a
long time.

Maybe if other ISPs start controlling their own customers by restricting
outbound port 25, it will get a little tougher on the spammers.

I just feel duty bound to pat SWBELL on the back for actually doing
something.

David Daniels