Re: [exim] Use of hashes to fix forwarding

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Use of hashes to fix forwarding
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Jethro R Binks wrote:

> As I think Dennis mentioned, you'll also need to make sure that your users
> offsite don't sent email apparently from their institutional address
> via an ISP: they must use your own submission service.

To be pedantic :-( they can certainly use their institutional address via
an ISP. However they won't be able to send email to *your* users via this
route. They either use an email address provided by their ISP or must use
your submission service if using their institutional address.

I certainly think that providing a submission service is a good idea.  At
least you should be able to guarantee the quality of the service provided.
One of the local ISPs used to provide a pretty poor service a few years
ago.  I believe that's now improved.
 --
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101