[exim] checking a local user against a list

Author: Steev Hise
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] checking a local user against a list

hi, I'm an exim novice, though I've been poring over the
specifications and FAQs for hours now. I still can't figure out
what should, i would think, be a simple task: how do I determine
the local user, within an ACL? $local_part just returns the
alias, not the real user it would go to. (maybe my problem is I
don't understsand when routers run to rewrite addresses, before,
after, or during the ACLs? )

anyway, all I want to do is put a condition in an ACL so that if
an email is going to a local user that's listed in a file, the
rest of the ACL will be ignored.

woudl it be something like

data = !${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/not-these-users}}

many thanx,

Steev Hise |  steev@??? | http://detritus.net/steev
my blog: http://steev.hise.org
gpg public key: http://steev.hise.org/gpgkey.txt
"I have just looked up Harvard University. It has 13,000,000
bound volumes now. What a read! And almost every book written
for or about the ruling class."
        -Kurt Vonnegut, Hocus Pocus