Re: [exim] checking a local user against a list

Author: Steev Hise
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] checking a local user against a list
on Tue, 1 Feb 2005 Tony Finch told me:

->On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Steev Hise wrote:
->>
->> hi, I'm an exim novice, though I've been poring over the
->> specifications and FAQs for hours now. I still can't figure out
->> what should, i would think, be a simple task: how do I determine
->> the local user, within an ACL?
->
->http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050124/msg00036.html

I'm sorry I still don't understand.

could you maybe give an example?

it sounds like maybe what you mean is in my procmail router i

would have a line like

$address_data = $local_part

yes? and then search the file for the value of $address_data?

but would this get set at smtp time? the acl i'm writing is
an anti-spam measure that happens at smtp time.

thanx,

smh

Steev Hise |  steev@??? | http://detritus.net/steev
my blog: http://steev.hise.org
gpg public key: http://steev.hise.org/gpgkey.txt
"By setting his focal point at twice infinity, he
 aimed at their conceptual cores."
     -Ann Wilson LLoyd (on photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto)