Re: [exim] problem in system_aliases router

Author: Toralf Lund
Subject: Re: [exim] problem in system_aliases router
Toralf Lund wrote:

> Just got a serious problem with certain aliased e-mail addresses.
> Error message is [hostname and addresses have been changed]:
>
> 2005-01-26 09:21:17 H=akershus.our.domain [193.214.130.26]
> F=<someuser@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <all@???>:
> internal problem in system_aliases router (recipient is
> all@???): failure to transfer data from subprocess: status=0100
> readerror='No such file or directory'
>
> Note: all is set up like this,
>
> all: :include:/usr/local/etc/mail.all
>
> So perhaps the problem is with the file inclusion, but as usual, I'm
> pretty sure everything worked fine yesterday...

OK, it turns out that if I change the above setup to something like:

    all-users: :include:/usr/local/etc/mail.all
    all: all-users, toralf

"all" does work, although "all-users" doesn't (when used directly as
receiver address.) With

    all-users: :include:/usr/local/etc/mail.all
    all: all-users

or

    all: :include:/usr/local/etc/mail.all, toralf

it does not, i.e. I have to reference the address list file indirectly
*and* include at least one other address in the alias expansion. Or
actually, I don't think it needs to be a different one; I believe
everything is also OK if I change "all-users, toralf" in the above
example to "all-users, all-users".

Oh, and system_aliases is set up the following way:

system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
file_transport = address_file
group = mail
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part