Re: [exim] Re: Fedora Core 3 - AMD 64 bit version - Can't Co…

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: Fedora Core 3 - AMD 64 bit version - Can't Compile Exim
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:08 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > > o Added mysql support
> >
> > I'm dubious about this one. I don't want Exim requiring mysql
> > unconditionally -- I'd rather have the lookup methods dynamically
> > loadable.
>
> How can this be done? I thought for mysql lookups I would have to
> rebuild exim.

At present you do have to rebuild.
I'm thinking about loadable search modules or (much easier) search
indirection through something like SQL Relay (adds connection caching
and database independence at the cost of requiring another dep) as a
future direction.

Discussions on this (and this sort of change to architecture) would be a
useful topic for the conference.

    Nigel.