[exim] Re: Fedora Core 3 - AMD 64 bit version - Can't Compil…

Autor: Axel Thimm
A: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Bill Hacker
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Fedora Core 3 - AMD 64 bit version - Can't Compile Exim
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 02:56:35PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 15:36 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >
> > o Split/rename sa-exim into its own package
> > used localscan_dlopen_exim_4.20_or_better.patch for sa-exim
> > integration
>
> Er, doesn't the rawhide package have sa-exim in its own package using
> the localscan_dlopen patch?

I meant the source package, not the resulting binaries. And sa-exim is
cast out as exim-sa.

> > o Added tcp_wrappers support (missing BuildRequires)
>
> Does this give you anything which a connect-time ACL wouldn't?

Not im my own setup, but others may be "paranoic".

> > o Added mysql support
>
> I'm dubious about this one. I don't want Exim requiring mysql
> unconditionally -- I'd rather have the lookup methods dynamically
> loadable.

How can this be done? I thought for mysql lookups I would have to
rebuild exim.

I indend to add more value to the exim packages (like spf), as I am
using exim for setting up robust mail clusters with antispam/antivirus
support.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net