Re: [exim] Separate spool directories

Author: Adrian Phillips
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Separate spool directories

    >> I also read someplace of a way to run multiple instances of
    >> Linux (completely separate) on the same machine, as if it were
    >> two different machines.  Google for it.

    Philip> Do you mean "user mode Linux"? That is a way of running

That or Xen could be used. We have been running several "services"
under UML for 3 years now although I've never got around to moving
exim to one.

    Philip> multiple Linuxes under Linux, but since they are virtual
    Philip> Linuxes, they won't perform as well as a native
    Philip> instance. (History repeats itself. IBM did all this on

Well, user-mode-linux is certainly slower for some things, disk access
inlcuded, but for others the overhead is relatively small. Xen, from
what I understand, is better especially in the disk access
department. Of course, my experience with them is small scale so I
don't how they would work for larger scale (exim) setups.

    Philip> mainframes with its VM operating system 25 or more years
    Philip> ago.)

But they were a little more expensive :-)

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/