Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Somebody posted some magic a while back to show how you can detect
> whether a lookup deferred. Something along the lines of
>
>    warn  set  acl_m0 = 0
>          verify = reverse_host_lookup
>          set  acl_m0 = 1

> In the next ACL statement, you test $acl_m0 and $host_lookup_failed. Or
> something along those lines; I can't remember exactly. Anybody have a
> reference to the posting?

Yeah, I've got a working solution for what I want to do, so I'm not
blocked on this. I was just thinking that adding a setting to warn to
have it not log-and-ignore defers would be a cleaner way to do it, so
that magic (and a mailing list search) wouldn't be required by other
people who wanted to do this in the future. :)

- Marc