Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users, Walt Reed
Subject: Re: [exim] Add a header when reverse DNS fails or defers?
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> > If any condition on a warn statement cannot be completed (that is,
> > there is some sort of defer), no header is added and the configured
> > log line is not written. No further conditions or modifiers in the
> > warn statement are processed. The incident is logged, but the ACL
> > continues to be processed, from the next statement onwards.
>
> So if the ACL contains:
>
> warn    message = X-Broken-Reverse-DNS: Ulch, this IP address is tainted
>    !verify = reverse_host_lookup

> and the reverse lookup defers, there's a log message, but no header is added.
> I'd like to be able to specify on a warn that a defer should be treated as a
> failure on the !verify (which I guess makes it a "success" as far as the warn
> is concerned, due to the !, right?) and add the header.

Somebody posted some magic a while back to show how you can detect
whether a lookup deferred. Something along the lines of

   warn  set  acl_m0 = 0
         verify = reverse_host_lookup
         set  acl_m0 = 1

In the next ACL statement, you test $acl_m0 and $host_lookup_failed. Or
something along those lines; I can't remember exactly. Anybody have a
reference to the posting?