Re: [exiscanusers] Announce: exiscan-acl 4.44-28 (WAS: Re: […

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] TNEF attachments
Subject: Re: [exiscanusers] Announce: exiscan-acl 4.44-28 (WAS: Re: [exim] release Exim 4.44)
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> I believe exiscan is still optional within Exim. If you set a negative
> value for WITH_CONTENT_SCAN, then exiscan will NOT be compiled in.
> I therefore feel (think) that this list is here to stay. I don't make
> decisions for Tom Kistner though;)

I've got the latest snapshot running sweetly on a couple of my OpenBSD
boxes. One has the exiscan code built in and the other is just running in
mua_wrapper mode and so doesn't need the exiscan code. The snapshot is
running that well I'm tempted to put it into production use.

The exiscan code is turned off by default.  You have to set options in
Local/Makefile to turn it on.  Specifically you need to either set
WITH_CONTENT_SCAN or WITH_OLD_DEMIME to "yes".  It's all clearly
documented in the Makefile.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101