Re: [exim] helo checks

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Steffen Heil
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] helo checks
On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 14:24 +0100, Steffen Heil wrote:
> Hi
>
> Until now, I thought my exim would check helo strings.
> However I just recognized, that my server does not require helo at all.
> I read some web pages and the docs about helo checks, but there was no clear
> solution.
>
> So, how do you do helo check? Or, are you doing them at all?
> What is regarded as "good practice" ?

http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/acl-helo

Coupled with something like this in the MAIL ACL to disallow the sending
of mail without saying HELO:

  # Don't allow any MAIL commands without HELO or EHLO
  deny    condition    = ${if !def:sender_helo_name {1}{0}}
      message    = You must identify yourself with HELO or EHLO before sending mail.

--
dwmw2