Re: [exiscanusers] Announce: exiscan-acl 4.44-28 (WAS: Re: […

Author: Ken Lowther
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users, Philip Hazel, exiscanusers, exim-announce
Subject: Re: [exiscanusers] Announce: exiscan-acl 4.44-28 (WAS: Re: [exim] Interim release Exim 4.44)
Quoting Tom Kistner <tom@???>:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>> This release is a purely maintenance and bug fix release, although the
>> exipick and eximstats utilities have been updated to their current
>> releases.
>

> As mentioned earlier on these lists, the upcoming Exim 4.50 release will
> feature a WITH_CONTENT_SCAN compile-time switch that will compile the
> exiscan-acl content scanning facilities. Other, more "exotic" features
> of the patch are also in 4.50, with EXPERIMENTAL_ compile-time flags.
>
> I will continue to work on the code, of course. That means I am the
> contact point for all proposals, bug fixes etc ...

I quit the Exim list mainly because it was too high volume for what I needed.
Are you going to maintain this list? Or maybe a variation? I'm always
looking for little edges against spam and fraud. It is a side issue in some
respects.

> Enjoy the last "patch" command you have to use on exim. It was about
> time. After all, this isn't qmail :)

As I type I am IM'ing a friend that is a Qmail user. I have started half a
dozen times to cut and paste this line in the window...... Oh well, to each
their own... ;-)

Hermit